Wednesday, November 17, 2010

What Does A CEO Do?

vancouver office space images 1 What does a CEO do? I have often pondered this early in my university years. In one of my business classes the professor pulled out the graph to demonstrate the hierarchy and with it role descriptions were so long I could hardly understand.  That is also one of the reasons why when we started The Network Hub our business cards did not bear any titles. We figured since we didn’t know what they really mean or what it all entail – we didn’t bother with it.

Fred Wilson a respected investor wrote a great simple post on “What a CEO does” and I had to make sure I share it because I’m not even certain all CEOs know what their job entails.

A CEO does only three things. Sets the overall vision and strategy of the company and communicates it to all stakeholders. Recruits, hires, and retains the very best talent for the company. Makes sure there is always enough cash in the bank.

Read the full entry here, “What a CEO does”

Posted via email from minna's posterous