After two years or so of hosting the Vancouver Entrepreneur Meetup, I have a few simple suggestions for people when it comes to networking.
- Weak handshake makes me wonder if you are an indecisive person
- If you are quick to walk away after I tell you what I do (because you have sized me up and realized I’m not a customer) I am more likely to tell 10 friends how uncomfortable and unimportant you have made me felt.
- Please make eye contact with me when I am talking to you.
- If you have food in your mouth, please clear all content before proceeding to talk to me.
- Please bring your BUSINESS CARD! It doesn’t make a very good impression if I have to carry around a piece of napkin with your information on it.
Just a few tips to better prepare you for the next time you are out at a networking event.
Quote of the day:
"A business that makes nothing but money is a poor business."